Monday, March 17, 2014

I Stole A Child's Basketball


Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 11:38 PM

So there is this RC in my area who is about nine years old and he
never reads his Book of Mormon, so we have been threatening to take
his basketball away if he does not read. This week when we went to go
teach him, he was playing basketball, so I went over and used the
advantage of my height--yes, I am tall here, also he is nine--to take
the ball so he would listen to our lesson. Then at the end, we asked
his mom if we could take the ball because he had been misbehaving in
other areas as well and she was like "sure, that is fine with me" we
told the little boy that we would return the ball the next day and we
walked away. He threw such a big fit that his mom came running after
us asking if she could have the basketball back. Epic fail. Next time
I am going to take it and drop kick it into the ocean.

This week was a little rough, we had to drop a lot of our baptismal
dates for various reasons, and some of our investigators have dropped
us. Sigh. But we are not letting it get us down! We will just have to
do a lot of finding this week, but its a challenge we are willing to
take to find those who are really prepared for us.

Sta Clara: They keep coming to church and brother Melchor was on time
this week so he is progressing again! Yay! Also, I think that Alexis
will be baptized this coming week, we just need to finish her lessons.
She comes into Centro for school every day, so we are going to set up
three lessons this week for her so we can polish her all up for her
interview on Saturday.

We had a nanay, maybe 65, run away from us this week. Literally run.
We were laughing pretty hard at her and decided that next time we are
going to run after her because we are younger and faster. Name that
movie D! (I think the movie is Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe)

We have had some really amazing lessons this week. We had a meeting
all about teaching the doctrine of the missionary lessons at Zone
Training, and it was something I had been praying for so badly. I have
been feeling like my teaching was really not effective and that I was
just spinning my wheels, but that training really opened my eyes to
what I was doing wrong. We have not been really teaching the doctrine.
So the past two weeks, Sis. D and I have been really trying to teach
these people the revealed truth, God has a body, you don't go to heaven
or hell after you die etc. etc. and we have really noticed the
difference. The Spirit has been more present in our lessons and it
shows in the understanding of our investigators. We have this one
investigator, Maryjane, she is so prepared. Every time we walk out of
a lesson with her, we are like, "wow, she just gets it, doesn't she?"
Now we just need to get her to church, which is always the hardest
part.

I have been reading in Ether this week, and when you get past all the
war and usurpation of power, there is some really good stuff in there.
Like in Ether 4:13 it says "come unto me...and I will show unto you
the greater things..." I read that and I thought of how many of the
greater things in life I have come to know because of the gospel.
Families can be eternal, this life is not the end, trials are for our
benefit, faith brings knowledge, I could go on. But it really is true,
that if we come unto the Lord, he opens things to us that we never
would have know before.

Next week is Zone Conference and that means I will see Sister Smith!
And Elder Leifi is now in my district again. Things in the Philippines
are just so masaya. I love it here more than I can say!

Megan & Elder Leifi
(Elder Leifi sent this photo to Grandma Karen. The two of them have been corresponding.)
Cheers,
Sis Bet

No comments:

Post a Comment